Annual Budget and Accountability
Lawrence Public Schools
650 West St. Joseph St.
Lawrence, MI 49064
Small schools, BIG opportunities...
Home of the Tigers!
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI)
- Salaries and Wages
- Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
- Retirement benefits costs
- All other personnel costs
- Support Services
- Business and administration
- Operations and Maintenance
- The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
- Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district
- The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
- Bids required under section 5 of the public employee health benefits act, 2007 PA 106,MCL 124.75
- The district's written policy governing procurement of supplies, materials and equipment.
- The district's written policy establishing specific categories of reimbursable expenses, as described in sectin 1254 (2) of the revised school code, MCL 380.1254
- Statement of the total amount of expenses incurred by board members or employees of the district that were reimbursed by the district for the most recent school fiscal year.
- A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
- A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
- Links to all of the following:
- The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00.
- The annual amount spend on dues paid to associations.
- The annual amount spent on lobbying or lobbying services.
- Any deficit elimination plan or enhanced deficit elimination plan the district was required to submit under this article.
- Identification of all credit cards maintained by the district as district credit cards, the identity of all individuals authorized to use each of those credit cards, the credit limit on each credit card, and the dollar limit, if any, for each individual's authorized use of the credit card.
- Costs incurred for each instance of out-of-state travel by the school administrator of the district that is ful or prtially paid for by the district and the details of each of thos instances of out-of-state travel, including at least identification of each individual on the trip, destination, and purpose.
Budget and Salary/CompensationTransparency Reporting
Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Board Approved Budget
- 2019-2020 Board Approved Preliminary Budget
- 2019-2020 Board Approved Preliminary Food Service Budget
Current Operating Expenditures
Current Bargaining Agreements
- 2017-2018 Teacher Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Administration employees and support staff have no Collective Bargaining Agreement
Employer Sponsored Health Care Plans
Audited Financial Statements
Medical Benefit Plan Bids
Expense Reimbursement Process
Statement of Reimbursed Expenses
Employee Compensation Information
District Paid Association Dues
District Paid Lobbying Costes
- There were no district paid lobbying costs for 2017-2018
Approved Deficit Elimination Plan
- The district has not incurred a deficit
District Credit Card Information
District Paid Out-of-State Travel Information
- There was no travel to report in 2017-2018
Employer Sponsored Health Care Plans:
MESSA Choices ($500/$1,000)MESSA ABC Plan 1 with 10% coinsuranceMESSA Essentials with 20% coinsurance